The Cold Springs Family Center is a local non-profit operated through the Lifestyle Homes Foundation. Through the generous support of Lifestyle Homes we are able to offer a center that offers a combination of activities that include: fitness equipment, group exercise classes, before & after school programs as well community events.
We look forward to hearing from you…..
Phone Number: 775-657-6388
Fax Number: 775-657-6389
Facebook: Cold Springs Family Center
Address: 18400 Village Parkway Reno NV 89508
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Center Hours: *Temporary NEW Hours effective 8/31/2020:
Child Watch: *Temporary NEW Hours effective 8/31/2020:
M-F 9am – 12:30pm & 4pm -6pm
* TEMPORARY HOURS: We are SO APPRECIATIVE of YOU, our faithful members, for sticking with us during this challenging time. As you may have noticed, it is a bit slower around here due to the COVID situation. To both continue and better serve you in the future, we have made a few TEMPORARY changes to our operating hours. This decision is based on USE (or should we say, NON-USE) of the Family Center during key times. At this point, this is a TEMPORARY change and we will continue to evaluate the situation on a regular basis to hopefully return to full service as soon feasibly possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED EXCEPT WHEN YOU ARE ENGAGED IN A HIGH INTENSITY WORK-OUT and you are MAINTAING SOCIAL DISTANCING.
You are encouraged to wear your mask as much as possible but MUST WEAR IT as you walk throughout the building, go from machine to machine or are engaging in low intensity exercise, etc. Basically, if not enganged in high intensity activity, it must be worn.
Youth in Child Watch 3 years old and up are required to wear a face mask as are participants in our Before & After School Program.
Following the Governor’s mandate (Directive 024), “Anyone in a public space will need to wear a mask” starting Friday June 26th, 2020.
What is considered a face Covering:
- Face Coverings can be a mask or bandana and MUST cover both the mouth and nose.
- Face Shields are NOT acceptable
PLEASE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW OUR OTHER COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES AS LISTED BELOW.
The safety of our members, program participants and staff is our priority. With that, there will be new routines and expectations for both staff and members. We will follow the Governor’s orders, C.D.C. and industry recommendations as we determine the best practices. As information is updated and possibly changes, some of these procedures may also change.
Most importantly, we want EVERYONE to stay & be HEALTHY! But to also STAY OPEN we need your cooperation.
YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO:
- All staff will be trained on the guidelines to operate our center.
- Intensify our cleaning routine! Extra staff hours have been added as we clean throughout the day.
- Provide additional disinfectant and hand sanitation stations. We use EPA registered disinfectant.
- We have installed new hands-free paper towel, soap and sanitation dispensers.
- Make sure that all our staff are healthy! We will ask those that are sick or have been in contact with someone with COVID, to stay home and/or get tested as is appropriate. We will be checking each staff member’s temperature at the start of their shift.
- Wear masks as we interact with our members.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between members and co-workers.
- We will be monitoring the number of the people in our building to keep within capacity limits.
We need your HELP to PLEASE:
- STAY HEALTHY: If you don’t feel well, please stay home. Please follow the guidelines by the CDC. We will TAKE YOUR TEMPERATURE AS YOU ENTER!
- BE CONSIDERATE: YOU play an important role in helping us to be clean and safe! Please follow our guidelines.
- ON YOUR FIRST VISIT: Allow for a few minutes to update your account information and sign a new waiver.
- ARRIVE DRESSED TO WORK-OUT: Locker rooms (showers and lockers) are closed except for bathroom use.
- WEAR A FACE MASK: Please see above for current Face Mask requirements.
- BRING YOUR OWN SUPPLIES: Bring a towel, mat, water bottle and other equipment you may need for your work-out or class. We will not have towel service and are limiting the use of equipment in the center.
- CLEAN: Wipe Down equipment before and after each use. THIS INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH! You will be given your own disinfectant bottle and rag to use throughout your work-out.
- LIMIT YOUR WORK-OUT: Please limit your work-out to 1 hour to allow access for everyone.
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING: Please practice social distancing at 6 ft. apart
- Cardio Machines – only use the ones that are available; we have closed off every other machine.
- Strength Training Machines- please alternate machines. If a person is on a machine, DO NOT USE the machine directly next to him/her.
- As you walk around the building, please wait for others to pass.
- We know our Center is a key spot for our COMMUNITY to gather, but please don’t huddle and chat! DISTANCE YOURSELVES!
SOME OTHER TEMPORARY CHANGES:
- Group Exercise Classes: Will have limited capacity due to the social distancing, especially for our indoor classes. At this time, it will be a first come, first serve basis.
- Locker Rooms are closed for showers and locker use. ONLY restroom usage.
- Game Room & Computers – temporarily closed
- Towel service is unavailable; please bring your own. Rags are available for wiping down machines.
- Water fountain in the free weight area is available for refilling water bottles only. The drinking foutain is closed off as is the water filter machine up front.
- Reduced capacity: At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Basketball Court: Is open to limited capacity. PLEASE, bring your own basketball and maintain a distance of 6-feet from each other. NO group games or use of the climbing wall will be permitted, only shooting and individual play.
- Summer Day Camp/Before & After School Program is currently operating.
HOW WILL BILLING WORK?
As you know, we stopped any future billings once we closed our doors on March 18th.
- We will resume automatic deductions starting June 5th and then June 20th. Those who drafted on June 5th, will receive credit for the days missed from March 19th-May 31st.
- If you pre-paid your membership, it will start again on June 1st. Your membership will be extended starting June 1st to however many days you pre-paid. For example, if you pre-paid from Jan 1st- June 1st, you will get credit for the days missed from March 19th -May 31st by extending your membership.
2020 Holidays/Center Closure Dates:
April 12th (Easter Holiday)
May 25th (Memorial Day)
July 4th (Independence Day)
Sept 7th (Labor Day)
Nov 26th (Thanksgiving Day)
Nov 27th (Family Day)
Dec 24th (Christmas Eve) Early Closure: 5am-3pm
Dec 25th (Christmas Day)
December 31st (New Year’s Eve) Early Closure: 5am-7pm
While the center strives to be open conveniently for our members, we also believe it is important for all people to enjoy these special times with their families and engage in community events.
In addition, early or all day closures are based on the attendance in previous years’ operations.